Tuesday 25 September 2012

on winning a car (part 1)

(the day of the win with a cruze. note: this is not the actual car i won)

so crazy. i got a message on my phone saying that i was a potential winner of a contest i had entered at the drugstore. the message said i had to contact them within two hours. i called back right away, thinking maybe i would win a gift certificate or something. the lady on the phone said she had to record our phone call due to the value of the potential prize. my stomach jumped a little. she asked me a bunch of questions, like if i had any family members who worked for SDM or GM. then she asked me a skill testing question. i had ten minutes to get the answer. we were driving to work at that point, and i was starting to feel super excited. she said she would call back in 5 minutes for my answer to the skill testing question. i did the math twice, then had j do it. i was confident the answer was 119. i wrote it on my hand. as if i would forget. she called back as i walked in to work. she said i had the correct answer. i asked her what my odds of winning something were now. she said i had won a car. i asked her if she was kidding. i asked her if she was serious. i was practically hyperventilating. she said i had won a 2013 chevrolet cruze eco. she said i had to sign a release form within 2 hours to make it official. i flipped out. i ran to a computer, printed off the release form, signed it with shaking hands. faxed it. made it official

the thing about winning a car is that i didn't earn it. other crazy exciting moments in my life, like getting accepted to grad school or finding out i had passed my board exams, were earned. and when j asked me to marry him. it was crazy exciting, but it is something that made sense in my life. winning a car is just totally out of the blue. it is totally random. and there is something very unique about that. i am so lucky i got to experience the feeling of winning a car.

i don't have the car yet. i am so curious. are there any secret fees? are they going to try to sell upgrades to me? do i get to pick the colour? do i just go pick it up at my local dealership? i will write about all these things once i have the car. so excited

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...